Chia pudding seems to be one of the up-and-coming breakfast trends. It's high in fiber and antioxidants, it's great for fuel for long runs or other workouts, and it's also a great post-workout protein snack. To make it that much more powerful and appealing, we made this Matcha Hemp Chia Pudding as a delicious, high-energy breakfast or snack using Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha. It basically tastes like a matcha hemp latte with a little more substance to it and a fun texture from the plumped-up chia seeds.
Chia pudding is one of the easiest, on-the-go breakfasts for those of you who are always just a little bit late (no offense). With a little pre-planning, you can make a big batch of this the night before and have breakfast planned out for a few days in your week. To dress up this Matcha Hemp Chia Pudding, we layered it parfait-style with sliced banana, frozen blueberries, and almond butter. Get creative, put your own spin on it, layer it up as you head out the door! Breakfast is served (or taken with you, if you're one of those slightly late people).
1 1/2 cups unsweetened hemp milk
1 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. matcha powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
Toppings: sliced banana, blueberries, almond butter
- Combine everything except the chia seeds in your blender.
- Pour into a large glass container and stir in chia seeds.
- Place the container in your fridge for 8-10 hours to thicken up, stirring once or twice.
- Once the chia pudding has thickened up nicely and is no longer liquid-y, enjoy as is or create your parfaits!
- Place a layer of chia pudding at the bottom of a glass, top with sliced banana, some blueberries, and spoonful of almond butter. Place another layer of chia pudding on top and top with more banana, blueberries, and almond butter.
- Enjoy for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert!
- Store in your fridge.