Snacks are definitely a staple in our everyday lives, especially when we know we’ll be out for most of the day and want something nourishing and easy on hand. Making sure there’s some protein included in your snack is crucial for staying satisfied, keeping your energy levels up, and not ending up reaching for the nearest candy bar. We created these EPIC Protein Balls using three different flavors from Epic Protein – a plant-based protein made with sprouted brown rice, yellow pea, sacha inchi, and cranberry seed. The Epic Protein powder name truly speaks for itself – each of their delicious flavors are vegan, gluten-free, raw, and have a complete amino acid profile and, when it comes to choosing a protein powder, this is one of the highest quality proteins we’ve ever tried.
Now onto the balls! We experimented with three different flavors from Epic using the same base. If you’re using just one flavor of protein powder, go ahead and just multiply the additions by three. We love how these EPIC Protein Balls turned out to be the perfect grab-and-go snack. Now we just have to decide which flavor we love the best: Chocolate Maca, Vanilla Lucuma, or Green Kingdom. When it comes to snacking conscientiously, we’re here to help you do it right without sacrificing the flavor and keeping it easy!
1 cup creamy almond butter, unsalted
1 cup GF oats
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
¼ tsp. salt
Chocolate Maca Flavor
2 tsp. Epic Chocolate Maca protein powder
2 tsp. cacao powder
Vanilla Lucuma Flavor
2 tsp. Epic Vanilla Lucuma protein powder
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Green Kingdom Flavor
2 tsp. Epic Green Kingdom protein powder
½ tsp. spirulina
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
Optional for rolling: sesame seeds, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, etc.
- Combine all base ingredients in your food processor until thoroughly mixed.
- If you’re making all three flavors, divide the base mixture into 3- ½ cup measurements. If you’re making one flavor, multiply the flavor add-ins by 3.
- Mix each of the flavor add-ins to the separate ½-cup portions in your food processor.
- Roll 1 Tbsp. of the mixture into a ball and coat with your desired toppings.
- Place in your fridge to harden and keep them stored in your fridge for an easy snack to grab on your way out the door!