It's that time of year when all we want to do is drink hot drinks all day and be lazy in bed with a good book (or tv show, let’s be real) and it can definitely be hard to find the energy to be productive. We've both had to practice being ok if we have nothing to do because it forces us to take a moment to appreciate the present. We do, however, still want to have energy each day, even if we’re cozying up on the couch, which is why we love drinking matcha! It's comforting and warm and gives you a wonderful energy boost without feeling wired. This recipe for Matcha Coconut Cream Lattes is the perfect rainy day treat that will warm you up and keep you energized for a lazy or active Fall day!
What we love most about this drink is how much you can taste the matcha while still getting the satisfying creaminess you want in a latte. We started with basic matcha tea, added a touch of stevia powder to it, and topped it with the fluffiest coconut whipped cream. All in all, this Matcha Coconut Cream Latte is even better than anything you would get at a coffee shop. Soak up the benefits of this green tea and enjoy those moments of slowing down, while always having good, clear energy!
Coconut Whipped Cream
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1.5 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. matcha powder
2 cups boiling water
1 packet (1 gram) stevia powder
Coconut Whipped Cream
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight so that the water content separates from the cream.
- Scoop the coconut cream into a mixing bowl. The remaining coconut water can be stored in the fridge and used in smoothies. Using a mixer, beat the coconut cream on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the coconut cream. Continue to whip on high until small peaks form.
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend on high so that all the matcha is incorporated.
- Pour into a glass jar and place in your freezer to cool.
- Once the matcha has cooled to room temperature, divide between two glasses or mugs and top with a generous amount of coconut whipped cream.
- Alternately, you can add the coconut whipped cream to the matcha while it’s still hot, but it will melt rather quickly.
- Enjoy, stay warm, and stay present!