Seeing as how we love creating raw vegan cheesecakes and we LOVE almond butter, it’s amazing it took us this long to combine the two into an Almond Butter Coconut Cheesecake! Not that we need another reason to eat almond butter, but this cheesecake is the perfect blend of nuttiness and sweet, creamy coconut. The cream filling when you first make it tastes like a giant almond butter marshmallow so, yes, this dessert will pretty much blow your mind.
This recipe easily makes two small cheesecakes, but you’re more than welcome to skip the cake-making part and turn the filling into a dessert pudding, topped with berries and chocolate. Whatever way you eat it, it’s almond butter + coconut + cheesecake so you really can’t go wrong!
Makes 2 4” cakes
¼ cup raw cashews
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
4-5 medjool dates, pitted
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Dash of salt
1 cup coconut meat (if frozen, defrost overnight)
1 cup almond butter
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
3 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- In your food processor, combine the cashews, shredded coconut, vanilla, and salt. Once the mixture becomes more fine, add the dates one at a time while the food processor is still on.
- Lightly oil two 4” spring form pans with coconut oil. Press the crust into the bottom of each pan.
- In your blender, combine all ingredients except for the coconut oil and blend on high until creamy.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend again for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the filling into each pan and smooth out the top. Any leftover filling can be stored in a jar in your fridge!
- Place both cheesecakes in your freezer overnight. The next day, remove the cheesecakes from the freezer, wipe around the pan with a wet dishtowel and remove the cheesecakes from the molds.
- Place in your fridge to defrost (about 2 hours) and serve with your favorite toppings – we defrosted frozen berries and poured them on top for a AB&J-cheesecake!