We’re in the last stretch of Summer and are trying to soak it all in as much as possible. This time of year can be so magical and rewarding because there are endless possibilities of things to do and see and we’re definitely loving all the vitamin D! Also, it's amazing how life opens up and your world gets bigger the more you say yes to things – we’re both always practicing on getting out of our routines and, while it's not always easy, it's usually always rewarding. And to reward yourself this Summer, we definitely recommend trying this Cashew Cream Parfait because how can you really say no to it:)
This parfait is layered with a rich cashew cream, fresh sliced banana, and followed by a delicious almond butter-cacao mixture; repeat the process a couple times and you end up with a silky smooth, seriously delicious dessert that will have your mouth watering for more. You could easily have this as a snack and create the parfaits in smaller portions for an easy, on-the-go midday treat or serve it up with friends while you enjoy these summer sunsets.
Besides always enjoying the wonderful food we’re able to eat, like these Cashew Cream Parfaits, we love how this time of year allows us to realize how lucky we are. So, friends, we highly encourage you to say yes to more adventures and to go whip these parfaits up - you won't be sorry!
1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. lucuma powder (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
Almond Butter Mixture
¾ cup almond butter, creamy or crunchy
¼ cup cacao nibs
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
1-2 fresh bananas, sliced
- Rinse the soaked cashews and add them to the blender along with the remaining ingredients, except the coconut oil.
- Blend on high until it starts to become smooth, scraping down the blender as needed.
- Add the melted coconut oil and blend until super creamy. Set aside.
Almond Butter Mixture
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
- In 2-4 jars or bowls, place a couple large spoonfuls of the cashew cream along the bottom.
- Add a layer of sliced banana to cover and top with a couple large spoonfuls of the almond butter mixture.
- Repeat for a second layer and top with a few more banana slices.
- Continue for the remaining parfaits.
- Serve immediately or store in your fridge to eat within the next few days.
- Enjoy these last few summer days with this creamy treat!